Natural Born Blogger

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Google: Blowing Away the Competition

What competition, really?

Google Reader Beta is fantastic. They get it. . . integration, simplicity, efficiency. Google's news reader is not any more functional than, say, Bloglines (which I've been using for a year and like a lot), but I have to say what sold me immediately was the Gmail integration. *sidenote: I have a ridiculous amount of gmail invitations. If you want one, please email me.* I exported my subscriptions from Bloglines and started using Google Reader within 5 minutes. Sorry Bloglines.

It's a simple feature that makes my life easier, and let's face it that's really what all this tech crap is suppose to do anyway, right? Being slightly renegade by nature, I normally try to steer clear of huge conglomerates that gobble up everyone. But, hey, if your product is better, I'm going to use it. I suppose with billions to funnel toward research, it's easy to squash your competition. However, it seems to me that Google still gets it. They haven't got lost yet in their own ego. . . yet. They still create products with the end-user in mind. Which, will win me over every time.

Now all they need to do is call me personally and tell me all the secrets of their algorithms so I can make billions and they'll have me as a loyal customer. Hell, for that, I'd be a Google Groupie- soon to be known as a Grougle.

thought of the day: "yeah, it's pretty hard to beat the king." mickey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home